Thursday, January 17, 2013 § Leave a Comment
My LA trip can’t come soon enough…
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 § Leave a Comment
I’m constantly hearing from people how hard I am to shop for. My parents completely gave up when I was still in High School and I couldn’t thank them enough. Over the years I’ve learned that resisting the holiday sales you see when out shopping for others and feel inclined to shop for yourself is the best thing you can do. If you’re an ungiftable 20 something like me, post holiday season you’re likely to have a little check collection and this is the time when the quality items go on sale. A few tips…
Tip #1, the internet is your best friend. As long as you have an idea of what you’re looking for online shopping is the best way to compare multiple styles and prices.
Tip #2, this is the prime time to buy coats. Quality coats are almost always overpriced and most of them are sure to go on sale once it’s late December. These are a little more important to try on in person unless there is no risk involved and the website your on has free shipping and return shipping.
Tip #3, Check the return policy and try to exclusively purchase from places with free shipping/return shipping. Some companies are more than accommodating, however others occasionally feel like your mortal enemies. Check the policies of the website you’re on and if they’re not clear, call.
At $223 and under these lux items won’t even make you feel
very guilty and they can pretty much all be mixed and matched with each other.
1. Rhino Sequin sweater from J.Crew $119.99.
2. T by Alexander Wang silk shirt from theoutnet.com $104.99.
3. Sandro Manchester Ecru Sweater from sandro.com $223.
(This is actually a men’s sweater but I got one just like it in a small and it fits perfectly).
4. Carven pleated cotton-canvas mini skirt from theoutnet.com $136.
5. Sandro Pimpante black shorts from sandro.com $213.
6. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel dalmatian-print cotton-twill skirt from theoutnet.com $126.
7. House of Harlow cabochon earrings from glamboutique.com $41.25.
8. Antik Batik Darie embellished suede clutch from theoutnet.com $124.95.
9. Kenneth Cole NY ‘belt one back’ satchel from nordstrom.com $186.26.
10. Marais Tate Ballet Flats in leopard print from marais.com $125.
11. Alexander Wang Ali mesh and suede pumps from theoutnet.com $174.
12. Studded Pony Skin Slippers from zara.com $49.99.
Of course, the catch is that you have to be as fast as you can…